DRAFT model policy
The UK-SCL and Model Policy is currently in the final stages of drafting and the link below is to the latest draft.
- See here for a summary of the model policy
- DRAFT UK Scholarly Communications Licence and Model Policy v 1_20171109
Summary of recent changes
Policy dated 9 November 2017
- The statement on estoppel has been replaced with a statement on managing co-author consent as part of the management of journal selection, copyright assignment and institutional repository deposit.
Policy dated 13 October 2017
- Whilst we observe that publishers are claiming waivers for less than 5% of articles deposited under the Harvard model policy, in light of publisher concerns in the UK we are offering publishers a blanket 6/12 month waiver, to be negotiated centrally on behalf of all adopting institutions, for the first two years of the policy
- The policy will be reviewed after the first year of implementation
- Numbering to the policy sections has been added for ease of reference
- The preamble has been revised to stress that researchers retain both copyright and moral rights. At no stage has the model sought a transfer of researcher copyrighttotheir institution.